SUMMARY FOR PARTICIPATING
In these terms and conditions you won't find complicated legal terms or large passages of unreadable text. We have no desire to trick you into signing something that you might later regret. We do want what's best for the safety of both parties, now and in the future.
kulturspace nonprofit a 501 (C) 3 nonprofit organization DBA:
Los Angeles Fashion Film Festival (LAFFF) - All Rights Reserved
LAFFF is produced by kulturspace limited.
LAFFF is an international film festival and all citizens of the world are welcome to participate.
Applicants should be of legal of the jurisdiction of their residence at the time of entry. Minors should have permission from legal guardians and include their information on the registration form.
All music and other copyrighted material used in films must be properly licensed.
All films not in English should be subtitled in English.
The following persons & entities are not eligible to enter LAFFF: employees of LAFFF, kulturspace limited, kulturspace nonprofit llc, parent or sister companies, and companies under common control with listed above companies; LAFFF judges; and members of the households of the aforementioned persons.
By entering, you agree to these rules and warrant that you are eligible to enter LAFFF.
LAFFF IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
(1) The following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) govern the submission of a film (the “Film”) to LA Fashion Film Festival (“LAFFF”) for consideration for the 2018 LA Fashion Film Festival (“LAFFF ”). To the extent that this document is inconsistent with any other document prepared by LAFFF or anyone else, this document will take precedence. Any questions about these Terms should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) By submitting a Film to LAFFF for LAFFF consideration, the submitter (the “Applicant”) represents that he or she has obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the Film whose consent is required to submit the Film to LAFFF (the “Film Owners”) and screen the Film at the LAFFF and has read, understood and agreed to the Terms.
(2) LAFFF may disqualify or reject, but is not required to do so, any submission that it determines in its sole discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with these Terms, and may do so without refunding any or all submission fees paid by the Applicant or returning the Applicant’s DVD submission.
SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND FEES
Submission deadlines for 2018 is as follows (dates are based on PST):
May 15, 2018 Earlybird Deadline
July 15, 2018 Regular Deadline
July 31, 2018 Late Deadline
August 15, 2018 Extended Deadline
- Fees for submitting to LAFFF can be found on FilmFreeway.
PROCESS FOR SUBMISSION
All Films submitted under these Terms must be submitted in accordance with the procedure outlined herein. LAFFF may, but is not required to, disqualify or reject any Film that is not submitted in this way.
To submit a film for LAFFF consideration, an Applicant must submit via FilmFreeway. Any incomplete submission or uploads will not be accepted.
LAFFF will not review multiple versions of a submitted Film. Only one version of the Film may be submitted. If multiple versions are submitted, LAFFF will view only the version that was received first.
LAFFF is under no obligation to contact the submitting party should the applicant not have adhered to rules.
LAFFF will consider for inclusion in the LAFFF all eligible films that have been submitted by the above deadline.
All selection decisions are at the sole and absolute discretion of LAFFF, and are final and unreviewable. LAFFF is not required to provide any feedback, comments or reasons, or any other information, regarding the selection or non-selection of any submitted Film or the process by which Films are or have been selected. LAFFF is not responsible or liable for its selection decisions; for the contents of any internal comments or feedback regarding the Film that are or may be obtained from the Applicant or anyone else; for any communications by any representative of LAFFF relating to the Film or the LAFFF selection process; for the manner in which the Film shall be, is or was considered and reviewed; or for any failure on the part of LAFFF to provide the Applicant or anyone else with information concerning LAFFF's consideration and/or review of the Film.
- LAFFF will notify all applicants of an official decision regarding their submission by email on or around September 15, 2018. LAFFF will contact Applicants using the contact information of the submitting party only provided in the registration form. Applicants are responsible for providing correct and functional contact information. LAFFF is not responsible for any failed attempts to contact Applicants using the contact information provided. When submitting, please provide an email address that is checked frequently.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, LEGAL CLAIMS AND INDEMNITIES
By submitting the film to LAFFF, the Applicant and Film Owners (the “Submitting Parties”) hereby warrant and represent that:
(i) the Film is wholly original and is not copied from and does not include any other work that is the subject of copyright or other protection, unless such work is in the public domain or the Submitting Parties have obtained any and all consents, releases, licenses, and other authorizations or waivers of any kind necessary for the inclusion or reproduction of any person, character, location, thing, trade-mark, sound recording, musical composition or other work in the film;
(ii) the Film does not defame any person or violate the common law or statutory rights, including, without limitation, the rights of privacy and publicity or any other right of any person;
(iii) the Film is not the subject of litigation;
(iv) there are no agreements, nor will there be any agreements made subsequent to the date of this Film submission that would or could have the effect of impairing the Submitting Parties’ ability to provide the Film as contemplated herein, or otherwise conflict with any provision of these Terms; and
(v) the Submitting Parties have the full right, power and authority to submit the Film to LAFFF for LAFFF consideration, and to grant all of the rights granted hereunder and in the registration form, and there is no obligation or disability which would in any way impair, restrict or impede the Submitting Parties from fully performing all obligations pursuant to the submission and these Terms.
(2) The Submitting Parties agree to indemnify and hold harmless LAFFF, its licensees, successors and assigns, and its and their members, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, associates and affiliates (each, a “Releasee”), from any claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against a Releasee and from any losses, costs, or damages, including the Releasee’s full legal fees and costs, which it may have suffered or incurred or may suffer or incur, directly or indirectly based on, in connection with, or arising from the use and exhibition of the Film submitted by the Applicant or the breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty or other agreement made by the Applicant in these Terms, or in the Applicant’s registration form.
(3) LAFFF takes all reasonable anti-piracy precautions. While in LAFFF's possession, all Films are securely stored and regularly inventoried. Access to Films is limited to LAFFF staff who require access in order to screen and consider submissions. No duplication and loaning of Films is permitted. By submitting a Film to LAFFF, the Submitting Parties hereby release the Releasees from any and all liability in the event of theft, unauthorized access or copying, or any breach of copyright of the submitted Film while it is in LAFFF's possession.
GRANT OF LICENSE
You will own all intellectual property related to your Submission and shall retain ownership of such intellectual property. By submitting your Submission, you grant LAFFF a non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, edit, publicly perform, display, reproduce, transmit, sublicense, and distribute in all media formats that exist now or in the future. You agree to approve all download requests from LAFFF via FilmFreeway to be eligible for shortlist, nominations and selected winners. Any requests not approved will cause submission to be disqualified.
(2) the promotion of future iterations of the LAFFF; and
(3) the promotion of LAFFF Parties’ Websites (collectively, the "License").
The License shall commence on the date you submit your Submission to LAFFF, shall not expire and need not be renewed. You may revoke the License at any time by providing LAFFF with written notice to email@example.com, provided, however, that if your Submission is selected as an “Official Selection”, “Shortlist” or “Winner” before you provide such notice, the license shall become non-revocable. The Contest Parties will not use your Submission for commercial purposes without your permission except as expressly set forth above. All rights not expressly granted by you with respect to your Submission are reserved. By entering your Submission, you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the licenses set forth in this Section Grant of License..
Winners and Honorees will be presented with a trophy or other recognition that has nominal monetary value.
Additional Prizes might be announced during Submission or Judgement Period.
Each Participant, Applicant, Winner and Honoree agrees to grant LAFFF and its partners, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, his or her submitted film, his or her name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, and without notification, review, or approval.
Further, by accepting any prize or award, the Participant, Applicant, Winner and Honoree releases and agrees to hold LAFFF harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any LAFFF related activity, or participation in the LAFFF.
But where is all the horrible small print?
Just like a parking ticket, you cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else without our permission. This agreement stays in place and need not be renewed. If for some reason one part of this agreement becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts of it remain in place.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing local Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible
Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
By accessing this website you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
Notification of Changes
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and ourselves. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.